Title: Buck-Cons Retirement
Job Number: 13006590
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide.
As an Associate Actuarial Consultant within the Retirement Practice you will be responsible for providing and managing pension and actuarial consulting services to assigned clients. You will take on the role of Project Manager (PM) for many of your assigned client teams. As a PM you will be responsible for (i) the overall management of all actuarial and other consulting services to assigned clients; (ii) the coordination of work flow among members of your client teams and (iii) the training of more junior team members. You will also be responsible to ensure that all client work meets established Buck policies and procedures for accuracy, quality and timeliness and that all actuarial work meets established CIA standards.
In this position you will report directly to your assigned manager for purposes of establishing and reviewing Performance Management Goals. As well, the Account Executives and consultants for your assigned clients will also provide guidance and training.
Qualifications / skills:
· University degree in actuarial science, mathematics or equivalent;
· A minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in the pension consulting industry;
· Obtained ASA designation and working towards FSA/FCIA designation; or equivalent actuarial knowledge;
· Thorough and current knowledge of federal and provincial pension legislation;
· Excellent knowledge of CIA standards and the professional requirements therein;
· Thorough and current knowledge of accounting standards for pension plans, as well as disclosure requirements;
· Knowledge of OPEB programs and valuations would be seen as an additional asset
· Experience with valuation systems, PC based tools and software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively; demonstrated leadership, project management and client management skills;
· Ability to manage workloads of assigned client team members, set timelines and manage budgets;
· With assistance of a Senior Consultant, you are capable of dealing directly with assigned clients.
· Complete and / or check more complex pension plan valuations including detailed gain and loss analysis and prepare complete valuation reports for assigned clients;
· Review, check and assist other pension staff in completion of more complicated actuarial calculations and cost estimates;
· Review and check accounting valuations and prepare and / or check all disclosure requirements;
· Management of budgets and deadlines for projects and assist in coordinating work flow among team members and ensure work meets established standards, procedures and deadlines;
· Train Actuarial Analysts, Pension Analysts, and co-op students on valuations, valuation software and pension legislation;
· Liaise with clients, team members, consultants and maintain a good working relationship. Back up and support other team members and consultants as required;
· Ensure that all work has been checked and / or peer reviewed and that proper procedures, checks and controls exist and are being followed;
· Involvement in Company initiatives (e.g., lunch & learns, recruitment, proposals and / or publications, etc.)
Continued skills development related
· Continue writing actuarial exams to obtain your FSA/FCIA accreditation and perform all other relevant professional development duties in order to meet the CPD requirements;
· Keep up to date on pension legislation developments, changes to accounting rules and disclosure requirements and changes to the CIA Standards including knowing how they relate directly to your work;
· Work with a Senior Consultant to learn the skills involved in being able to deal directly with assigned clients on your own;
· Continue to improve your communication and presentation skills by attending client meetings with a Senior Consultant or on your own;
· Improve your knowledge of other departments within the Company and with the assistance of a Senior Consultant become involved in cross-selling initiatives.
Xerox Business Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Business Services, LLC may request such accommodation(s) by calling 1-866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual/work from home? No