Title: Buck-Principal, Global Investment Consulting
Location: United States-New York-New York
Job Number: 13000528
At Buck Consultants you’ll discover an innovative, high-energy environment that inspires top achievement. As a prestigious highly successful leader in providing employee benefit, actuarial, outsourcing and HR management consulting services, we have the strong resources, solid reputation and global reach to enrich your work life and enhance your career.
Buck Global Investment Advisors (BGIA) is a comprehensive investment advisor that will serve in a directed or a discretionary capability for qualified and non qualified retirement plans, endowments, foundations, operating cash and other institutional pools of assets. Our Principals have broad investment expertise that includes regulatory, governance and the quantitative and qualitative elements of investing. We staff in major geographic locations in order to serve our clients effectively. Each office also has certain core competencies that are national in scope. The Atlanta office is our center of excellence for non qualified plan investment services, insurance product evaluations, including annuities and corporate-owned life insurance (COLI) and all types of defined contribution plans.
The Principal position in Atlanta should have experience in some or all of these areas plus bring experience in Defined Benefit Plan asset allocation and derisking strategies and investment manager research and selection.
Specific Position description and responsibilities include:
• We expect this to be a position targeted to revenue growth, selling and delivering investment expertise primarily to new clients and also to current clients of Buck’s other Lines of Business
• Comprehensive services include product delivery for:
Pension Investment Risk Management for defined benefit plans
Asset liability modeling (ALM) and advice on investment policy and asset allocation - using centralized models and staff but delivered locally
Traditional investment consulting in performance monitoring and evaluation, and manager structure and search including implementation are developed and delivered locally using the centralized data bases and research
• Complete RFP’s with centralized support
• Participate in the design of US investment advisory marketing, sales and product delivery strategies
• Contribute to US and global investment research through analysis and publication
• Develop content for, attend and present at investment conferences – both Buck sponsored and third party events
• P&L responsibility for the BGIA practice in Atlanta
• 10 to 15 years of senior investment experience with medium to large clients (assets $25 million to $1 billion)
• Statements of work signed for $500,000 of revenue ( Annual recurring or Non recurring) in the first 6 months.• Experience in a professional service sales environment with proven track record in direct calling, RFP and cross sell approaches
• Primarily corporate defined benefit and defined contribution experience but exposure to the public sector and not-for-profit institutions
• MBA or CFA required with additional credentials in alternatives, insurance, employee benefits or actuarial desirable
• Team player with collaborative approach to all aspects of the business
• Specific examples of a sales strategy, research contribution or other work product
Buck Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not Discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Buck Consultants may request such accommodations by calling 866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual/work from home? No