Title: Buck-Sr Assoc Retirement
Job Number: 12034047
At Buck Consultants you’ll discover an innovative, high-energy environment that inspires top achievement. As a prestigious highly successful leader in providing employee benefit, actuarial, outsourcing and HR management consulting services, we have the strong resources, solid reputation and global reach to enrich your work life and enhance your career.
Senior Actuarial Analyst
As a member of the Retirement Practice in our Montreal office, this key support position is responsible for performing actuarial valuations, actuarial calculations and for the analysis and general administration required for defined benefit pension plans using established procedures and instructions. This position will also assist in the training of new and more junior team members.
• Responsible for performing and/or checking and peer reviewing actuarial valuation calculations, gain and loss analysis, cost estimates, and draft valuation reports for assigned clients.
• Prepare and/or peer review termination, retirement and death calculations, employee annual and windup statements.
• Collect, analyze and reconcile related client data manually and electronically.
• Provide general orientation to Actuarial Analysts and co-op students on established procedures and instructions.
• Communicate with clients and team members including consultants by telephone, electronically, in person and in writing to secure information pertinent to assignments.
• Maintain good client relationships.
• Back up and support other team members as required.
• Other duties as required and assigned by supervisor.
• University degree in actuarial science, mathematics or equivalent.
• Has obtained, or is advanced in the process of obtaining, an ASA designation, or equivalent actuarial knowledge.
• Good working knowledge of current pension legislation and regulations, provincial and federal disclosure information, the Income Tax Act and regulations as well as provincial rules affecting employee benefits.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated proficiency with pension valuation systems and PC based tools and MS Office software.
• Good analytical, problem solving, interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and French.
• Two or more years of related pension valuations experience.
Virtual/work from home? No